I started watching Prison Break this week and by the first episode I knew that I was hooked, but by the third, there was no turning back. It doesn't hurt that the main character is supper sexy. Actually, were getting married. I already told my parents when I texted them about the problems I was having with Netflix, and because of the problems I was not able to spend time with him.
This show is nothing I have ever seen before. It is a story about one brother who purposefully put him self into prison to break him and his brother out. You get to know how things work in prison, you see that the guards are just as bad as the prisoners, only they have handcuffs and the prisoners wear them. Being in prison, you can get away with just as many things as you can in the real world. There is always the possibility of getting caught, but it is possible to get away with things like murder and doing drugs. You can make friends in there with other inmates and you can bribe the guards to help you out. But on the opposite end, you can make enemy's very easily and that never turns out well. If a fight breaks out, the guards are not always right there, meaning you are going get yo ass beat for a while until they do break it up. You can get blamed for things that you did not do and get severely punished no matter how much you beg and plead your innocence. If they have questions that can not be answered, you will be punished. If you go against the guards, they have the power to put you into a cell with.. well a scary cell mate. When you hang a sheet up, it means that you and your cell mate are getting "friendly," but if that sheet is down and one wants to be more friendly than the other, there really isn't anything that the guards can do and also they don't really care.
Something that I find very interesting about prison life is how if you are married, you can have you spouse come and have a conjugal visit. This is where they can spend time together privately and engage in sexual intercourse if they wish. They allow these to hopefully give incentive to the prisoner to follow the rules in order to serve their time and get back into the real world with their family's or significant other. In the show, Michael the main character, his roommate is allowed these visits with his girl friend because they are to be married. When something goes wrong with the escape plan, he has to go out of his way to be where he is not supposed to after hours. He begged Micheal not to make him do it because he knows that if he is caught, his visits will be gone and he might lose his girl because of it. It turned out that he did get caught and they thought that he was trying to escape. If you are caught in the act of trying to escape, you get 10 years added onto you bid. Well of course he was caught and his conjugal visits were taken away, and just like he thought, he girl friend started having second thoughts about staying with him. Although I find it strange that prisons allow this type of visiting, I do understand why they do it. They keep the prisoners eye on the target, which is serving as less time as possible so that they can get back to their lives before the were convicted.
There are many things that I am sure know one can understand that happen behind prison walls, but Prison Break gives you a pretty good idea of how broken the system is and at the same time functional.
If you made a mistake and were sent to prison, besides conjugal visits, what would be a good incentive for you to behave and fallow the rules so that you can return to freedom?

No comments:
Post a Comment